Castle Amber

12 - Why Must We Fall?

#1 by ohyoungmarriner , Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:02 pm

A lifetime condensed
To failures atop failures
Words hit close to home
I too know failure and naught
Why must we fall to rise up?

My fears were realized. I knew it would come to him at that moment. That sublime moment of sheer weakness. There was an attack, here, within Amber, yet it was of a subtle form, true to our enemy's most divine ingenuity. Why march armies to take ground which has no meaning? I waited in vigil, and the attack took place in the form of one sad and sorry broken man. Willing to do whatever it took to be returned. I did my best, but in the end, I was not enough to turn him away. I found his words of failures upon failures and of having nothing, literally nothing left, pulling upon my heartstrings. Could I deny him salvation? Whether he lived or died, he could still cleanse himself of all that baggage. At the price of possible oblivion I believed I could, but, in him, I saw myself, and I let him walk. In the end the battle for Amber was short. One man versus his basest desires. One man against the alluring and insidious whisperings of a Primordial. Today, that man won. He has well-earned this second chance, this possibility of redemption. More so than any of the rest of us, we true failures, who fall and fall and fall again.

ohyoungmarriner  
ohyoungmarriner
Date registered 04.03.2012

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
11 - Altering the Immutable

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor