Castle Amber

Child hood memories

#1 by Ronfiction , Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:49 pm

I still remember my first time I saw the city of Amber and the castle. I stood on a ship that made way to the city and the sent of salt and the feel of the breeze on my cheek suddenly felt more... Real. I knew was in Amber in that moment. Something just felt right, something just felt real. I was just a child at the time, just 10. It was the first time my father had taken me somewhere without my brother. He told me he wanted to see the city of our blood, the city of the unicorn.

My father made sure that there was one thing my brother and I learned at that age. He made sure that we had learned how to listen. While I was with my father, I always made sure to listen to everything he had to say. There was nothing he said without reason, he was not one to waste his words. Elmdor is still like that, even to this day. If only more people listened to him, or just listened in general.

My father had plans that day to explain to me Amber, the family and the pattern. I was excited about what was to happen this day and I was ready to begin asking my questions. Never got my answers however, my father halted my questions as soon as they started. He turned to me and said something I will never forget:

"Questions are the right of the victor."

For the rest of the day I stayed silent, and learned more in one day than some do in a life time. My father walked me through the city and gave me a well rehearsed tour of the city. I wonder if my brother the same tour. We moved through the city and I saw the buildings, and monuments, each more wondrous than the next till I saw the castle.

I was taken inside and shown around. My father had told me his attentions of introducing me to Oberion but before introduced me to those that were in the castle at the time. Everyone I met put me on edge and filled me with worry. Such powerful beings, I was surely below their notice, and felt embarrassment for wasting their time. The Seneschal was the only one who i felt comfortable around.

Once in the throne room I met him, the master of the pattern, the chosen of the unicorn, the one true king of all that is real. Oberion. There, in front of him and the rest of the court. I felt that their notice made me feel real. More real than ever before. I felt like I was part of something larger than myself. I saw the court of Amber. Dagonet, the captain of the guard, Renee, the crown princess, and many others in the court and wanted to join them. Take my place among them. I think my father looked at me and knew what I felt and in turn, had a slight pride for me for the first time ever.

We left the city at the end of the day and headed back to Tantegel and I knew that I would one day return to Amber, return to what was real. As I thought more on the day there were a few things that stood out, one phrase echoing in my head.

"Questions are the right of the victor."

If someone had told Terridus 100 years ago he'd be sitting on the throne of Amber, he would have laughed.
If someone had told Terridus 50 years ago that his father would be so ok with turning the title over to Renee, he would have argued with them.
If someone had told Terridus anything about the eagle ever, maybe he would be able to help...

Ronfiction
Date registered 04.01.2012

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
The feast of the unicorn (arc 2)

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor