Castle Amber

A journey within

#1 by Ronfiction , Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:08 pm

The kaleidoscope works better than I imagined it would, at this point, I fear it works maybe too good.

As per design, when turned up and powered by amberites, The kaleidoscope dives into someone's mind and those seated within can see into one person's mind. The experience is nothing like I have ever witnessed before. The kaleidoscope magnifies a person's mental powers so the visions I witnessed came to me with a clarity I have never had before.

The test run was with Virgil, Schala, Lesses and myself. Between me, my brother and Schala, we have a lot of power and should be able to over power whatever effect my father has put on him. But, when we turned it on, we didn't go into Virgil's mind, we went into Schala's.

I still don't know as to how to fully control the machine, and it gives me a strange feeling. I am a mixture of terrified and excited. I don't know why we went to Schala's head first. Maybe it was because she was the most powerful of us. It is something I will have to look into at some point. The vision we saw from her was a painful one indeed. She always speaks of this power as the power of pain. I personally do not agree, but after seeing what she had to go through, I can understand her gloomy look at things. At some point I may have to have my brother speak comfort to her. What she went through was not something that should happen to anyone. In time I will conspire to find a way to deal with Cain for his treachery. I would offer Schala my own support but I know that I can not connect to other anymore, I've made myself too distant. Any words of support I would offer onto someone would most likely seem dishonest.

We left schala's dreams and then had another shared vision. This one however was strange. We saw things the likes of which I hadn't seen since the first time I walked the pattern. I am still not sure I can understand it all, but I'm certain I saw it, the Unicorn. Then I also saw the serpent. It was all too much for me to take. I saw it all. I saw it ALL.

The vision triggered the kaleidoscope's emergency turn off and we were taken out of the vision. When we came to we were all in a weakened state, I actually had an instance of vomiting, something I haven't done in over 100 years. After a brief break we all agreed to go back into the machine just one more time.

The last vision we had was in Virgil's mind. At last, success! The vision we saw was when his punishment was carried out by my father at Oberion's request. Seeing it now, I know what my father has done to him, but more importantly, I know why. Virgil is a genius. There is no other way to put. The ideas I heard in his mind... Genius, just genius. Had I known just how smart he was, I would have moved to help him earlier. The break throughs he could come up for the kingdom... He must be saved. A feeling of guilt creeps over me when I think about it. Virgil saw through my project from the get go. He knew that he was just the test for the person I am really trying to save, Renee. However, seeing now what happened to him, I want to help him. I want to say sorry to him, for treating him so unkind, Again, I know I can't. He simply wouldn't believe me.

As that vision ended however it changed some what. I can't remember most of it, but feathers... There were a lot of feathers and something strange. I can't put my finger on it. Maybe it was some sort of glitch in the system. I will have to look into further at some point, but for now my goal is to help Virgil. I want to get him back to his old self. Amber needs him more than ever now. And once I have saved Virgil, I can save the rose of May.

If someone had told Terridus 100 years ago he'd be sitting on the throne of Amber, he would have laughed.
If someone had told Terridus 50 years ago that his father would be so ok with turning the title over to Renee, he would have argued with them.
If someone had told Terridus anything about the eagle ever, maybe he would be able to help...

Ronfiction
Date registered 04.01.2012

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Praetor raising

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor